Saturday 26 April 2014

80 Years in Wedgewood Green

Most of my time spent making cakes, they're "cute", or "fun", or "wildly coloured", because most of the time I'm making cakes, cupcakes, and cake pops for people under the age of 15. This cake however, was refreshingly different. Made and decorated for a special Mum of a special lady who attends my church. Both these ladies are wonderful role models, and would do anything for their friends and family. I see both her and Mum (who's 80th Birthday this cake is helping to celebrate) as elegant women, and I hope I was able to reflect that in this cake.








The Wedgewood green was my choice. I've always loved the look of Wedgewood, in any colour, but the green's always been my favourite and always inspires elegance in my mind. (The flash on the camera gives the cake a more grey-blue tint. In the real, they're more of the earthy-green to it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment