Sunday 11 May 2014

Love your Mum

Mums do anything for their children, that's a fact. As my readers well know my Mother has been influential in my cake career from teaching me things as a child to buying me my first cake pop book. This year Patrick and I celebrated both our Mothers with quiche (the bestest most awesomest recipe for quiche ever... it has Swiss cheese and bacon!) salad, green beans, and cake (of course).

For some reason, this cake made me think of my Nana. I thought maybe because I associate pink and peach roses with both with my Mother and her Mother (my Nana), but I finally realised that my Mum had made her Mum a cake once to celebrate her birthday (I believe) and it looked similar to this cake with green writing and pink roses. I guess it's just a good cake to make for Mums, and happily ours loved it!

Even if you can't bake or decorate a cake for your Mum, try and show them how much you love, appreciate, and admire them no matter how!!

I was silly enough to have the roses travelling up the side of the cake.... annoyingly enough, they just wandered down the cake. I told the Mothers this issue, and they laughed :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MUMMY & MYRA!!!
***
By the way, here's the picture I was thinking of. This is my Nana, and the cake my Mother made for her! Circa 1988...


No comments:

Post a Comment