Saturday 19 July 2014

Two Teas for Two

Yet again, Mum threw her famous English Tea Party at her house as part of the Church's talent auction. This year, Mum spread the Tea over two teas, both as equally lavish as the other.

Plates laden with goodies at the ready. Sandwiches, loaves, cookies and cupcakes...

A gorgeous tiered display of cakes and cookies, with the classic Victoria Sponge in the background.


Our table awaits our guests!

Our guests have arrived!

We served Pimm's No. 1 as a starter for our guests. A little taste of England and Wimbledon especially, complete with strawberry, mint, lemon, and cucumber.

Mum and I tried something new this year. We got out a bit of retro fabulousness, and relived my Mother's memories of when her Mother would prepare for her Bridge evenings. 

A savoury cake!

From bottom to top: coronation chicken filling, egg salad, smoked salmon and salmon and avocado. All lovely enrobed in cream cheese. 

A yummy cup of tea in Mum's beautiful tea service.

Such a delicious looking table!!

My little contribution to all this gorgeous food was my teapots. All edible, and this year flavoured. These ones have my Earl Gray flavoured-cake.

and these are made using my green tea-flavoured cake. 

Both were inspired by two of my Mother's tea pots. A bit of gilding for our lilies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment